Our CPE Solution provides the opportunity to develop necessary operational readiness and roll out the virtual services to the end customer in phases. As more complex and demanding operating conditions prevail, the requirement for Service Providers to mass deploy Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) has never been greater.
Business Challenge Our customer is one of the largest service providers in the UK and has been a longstanding
customer for many years. When faced with a national rollout of CPE equipment, to a
well know retailer within the construction industry.
- Logistics – Ensuring devices arrived on site when required.
- Survey – Establishing and documenting requirement based on current infrastructure.
- Engineering resources – Having a national base of engineers to install the equipment.
- Pre-configuration – Applying configuration to devices prior to shipping.
- Testing – Mitigating the risk of DOA equipment.
- Project Management – Ensuring the project ran smoothly.
- Customer liaison – Seamless contact with the end customer.
- Unknown environments – Little understanding of the end user environment.
- Warehousing – Storing of devices prior to shipping.
- Minimal downtime – Retail environment demanded zeo downtime.
The project was part of a connectivity solution that our customer was providing and while they were able to plan and deploy the circuits they came to Hardware Group to manage the CPE rollout. As the project involved a connectivity move between providers and the fact that this was a retail customer, meant that the complexity of the onsite work increased.