If you relish the challenge of an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving then read on …
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing and sometimes ambiguous environment where it’s not just about getting things done – it’s also about “how” you get things done and help others to do the same.
Reporting into the Head of Finance you will be an astute and commercially focused professional taking responsibility for the preparation of management accounts, financial reporting and liaison with external auditors, as well as providing monthly analysis and commentary to senior management.
If you are able to establish trust and credibility and are excited about being an impetus to drive change then we want you to be part of our talented team!
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You have a great sense of humour!
- You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone.
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig untill you find it.
- You like helping people and get a kick out of getting people to those aha! Moments.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
A typical day:
- Production of monthly group management accounts and board pack for UK and overseas entities.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all entities.
- Provision of support for statutory audit processes.
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of intercompany transactions.
- Provision of analysis and information as required to support senior management.
- Supporting group subsidiaries.
- Calculation of monthly intercompany management charges.
- Assisting with the production of group budgets and forecasts.
- Development of departmental reporting, supporting departments in finance matters
- Completion of EC Sales List/Intrastat/VAT returns.
- Assistance with weekly sales and margin forecasting for the group.
What we’re looking for
- Part-qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA.
- Demonstrable previous experience in industry.
- You will have the ability to quickly understand a complex business and will relish the challenge that this brings.
- Clear communication skills will be key to success. You will liaise regularly with both finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels of the organisation. This includes written communication and the presentation of data.
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to deal with large datasets.
- Advanced Excel skills will be required to structure and analyse data.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills alongside exceptional planning, time management and prioritisation skills are essential.
- 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
- Company GSIPP Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Metlife health and wellbeing support
- Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Free Parking
- Free month end lunches
- Free breakfast and fruit daily
- Summer BBQ’s, themed parties!
- Pet friendly
Competitive + Bonus
Kemble (nr. Cirencester), Gloucestershire, GL7 6BQ, UK
Monday-Friday 8:30-17:30 (40 hours per week)
*** You can apply online, or if you prefer, please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ***