If you relish the challenge of an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving, then read on…
We are looking for a Junior Technical Pre-Sales Consultant to provide technical sales support to our internal sales teams, supporting, helping and enabling them to sell our range of technical solutions and services.
You will have a genuine interest in PC and server technologies and a desire to expand that knowledge to include data centre technologies and principles to include security, compute and storage. You may have recently graduated from College with a merit or above in BTEC IT or University with a technical degree such as Network Computing or Computer science.
You will be challenged and supported to develop your skills through fully funded vendor certifications. If you are hungry to become an expert in your field and are excited about being an impetus to drive change then we want you to be part of our team.
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You have a great sense of humour!
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time
- You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it
- You like helping people and get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment
A typical day:
- You will be assisting and learning from the Head of Enterprise Server and Storage
- Building server and storage quotes, raising deal registrations and dealing with vendors to get price support
- Collaborating with colleagues in sales, translating customer requests into equipment lists
- As a source of technical expertise to sales staff you will be translating customer requirements into best practice working solutions exceeding our customers’ expectations
- Responsible for supporting the sales force and customer base
- You will be building quotes for server & storage solutions using technology from our vendor base
- Creating build instructions for Technical Operations and peer-check built equipment
- Collaborating with the team where necessary and practical to develop systemic enhancements and developments
- Be available and willing to undertake upon occasion, smart hands and eyes technical onsite activities with direction and support
- You will be hungry for knowledge, keeping up to date with our current product ranges
- There’s loads of training so you will be attending and completing vendor training on and off site, achieving and maintaining vendor certifications as required
- You will also be working on requests presented on the internal helpdesk by sales staff, providing updates and technical guidance and solutions
What you need:
- Technical degree such as Network Computing or Computer Science (desirable not essential)
- Merit or above in BTEC IT (desirable not essential)
- Part or full completion of a professional certification e.g. Juniper JNCIA or Cisco CCNA, CCENT, VMWare VCA, Networking A+ or other entry level qualifications. Desirable not essential
- Passion for technology, creative thinker and problem solver
- Full current driving license – The role is office based from the Hardware Group headquarters in Kemble, but there will be cause for travel to customer sites and other Hardware Group offices at times
- 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
- Company GSIPP Pension
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- MetLife health and wellbeing support
- Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Free Parking
- Free month end lunches
- Free breakfast and fruit daily
- Fully funded company incentivised holidays and trips
- Summer BBQ’s, themed parties
- Gaming Zone/breakout area, PlayStation 4, Table Football, Giant Jenga etc.
- Pet friendly
Competitive + Bonus
We will provide on-going training and development in line with the requirements of the role and the development of the individual including company funded Vendor certified training across our vendor portfolio.
Kemble (nr. Cirencester), GL7 6BQ, Gloucestershire, UK.
Monday-Friday 8:30-17:30 (40 hours per week)
*** You can apply online, or if you prefer, please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ***