If you relish the challenge of an organisation that is growing and constantly adapting and evolving, then read on…
Reporting into the Finance Manager you will be a reliable and precise professional helping us to maintain and action our payable information. You will also maintain vendor accounts and assist in invoicing functions whilst analysing expense and overhead information to assign documents to the appropriate cost centres. You will also create close working relationships with the vendor base, resolving queries and reconciling monthly statements.
If you are able to establish trust and credibility and are excited about being an impetus to drive change then we want you to be part of our talented team!
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You have a great sense of humour!
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
- You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment
- You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig untill you find it
- You like helping people and get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
A typical day:
- Receive supplier invoices, reviewing, matching and promptly processing onto our database, ensuring that invoice details are in line with determined requirements
- Ensure appropriate approvals and authorisations have been acquired for staff expense claims and overhead invoices
- Reconcile and respond on supplier statements
- Ensure that all invoices, payment requests and vendor queries are responded to correctly and in a timely manner
- Address and respond to creditor enquiries and follow up any outstanding items with internal staff
- Undertake Due diligence and processing of new supplier forms
- Maintain accurate and up to date supplier details on the internal database
- Schedule supplier payments in line with authorised cash flow forecast
- Action supplier payment runs inputting payments onto the banking and ERP system and provide remittance advice to suppliers
- Prepare daily Bank View and oversee balance for current bank accounts across the Group to remain in a positive position daily.
- Execute transfers within the bank accounts (including buying and selling of currencies)
- Drawdown necessary funds from invoice finance facility
- Journal creation for bank account transactions.
- Assist in month end processes: closing down the ledgers and posting of month end information
- Assisting in identifying areas for improvement, driving change and initiate improvements to system and processes in response to needs and challenges of the business
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and determined to make a difference
- Service orientated with the ability to deal sympathetically and effectively with a wide range of personalities and situations
- Ability to deal with unplanned situations effectively
- Methodical and accurate –naturally enjoying attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- A good understanding of MS Office, specifically Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 23 days holiday +BH + 1 day per 1 full year of service capped at 28 days
- Company GSIPP Pension
- Private Healthcare
- MetLife health and wellbeing support
- Health shield cash plan (incl. dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, 24 hour helpline for Health, legal & counselling)
- Income Protection Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Free annual Flu Jabs
- Free Parking
- Free month end lunches
- Free breakfast and fruit daily
- Summer BBQ’s, themed parties!
Competitive + bonus
Kemble, GL7 6BQ, Gloucestershire, UK.
40 hours a week, 0830-530 Monday to Friday.
*** You can apply online, or if you prefer, please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ***