6 Steps to Successful Remote Working
The progress in IT has made it simple for many of us to carry out our regular duties from the comfort of our own homes, but this luxury comes with its downsides, mainly by way of online security threats.
We're hearing from many of our customers that they are rapidly scaling remote work options for their employees during the COVID-19 Pandemic. If your business is thinking of taking similar actions you'll need to ensure that employees can securely and quickly connect to all business applications required, including SaaS, cloud, and data centre apps. There are also a number of sharing concerns about doing this on a large scale.
The progress in IT has made it simple for many of us to carry out our regular duties from the comfort of our own homes. In fact, many people already do this full-time. That said, this luxury comes with its downsides, mainly by way of online security threats. Not only can remote workers have their own privacy put at risk but working from home could result in breaching company security too.
Every teleworker requires access to email, internet, teleconferencing, limited file sharing and function-specific capabilities (finance, HR, etc.) from their remote work site. They also require access to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications in the cloud, such as Microsoft Office 365.
- VPN and Endpoint Security: Make sure all users have a laptop loaded with all of the essential applications they need to do their job. In addition, that laptop needs to include a pre-configured client to provide VPN connectivity to corporate headquarters.
- Multifactor Authentication: Multifactor authentication helps prevent cybercriminals from using stolen passwords to access networked resources. To enable secure access, every user needs to be provided with a secure authentication token. These tokens can be a physical device (such as a key fob), or software-based (like a phone app), and are used when making a VPN connection or logging into the network to provide an additional layer of identity validation.
Some of your teleworkers need advanced access to network resources to do their jobs. Systems administrators, support technicians, emergency personnel and executive management teams who often need to access and process extremely sensitive and confidential information or operate in multiple, parallel IT environments.
- Persistent Connectivity: Pre-configured wireless access points enable secure connectivity from a user's remote location to the corporate network through a reliable, secure tunnel. For a more secure connection, a wireless access point can be combined with a desktop-based next-generation firewall to enable persistent connections, advanced admission control, and a full spectrum of advanced security services, including Data Loss Prevention.
- Secure Telephony: These users also require a telephony solution that supports voice over IP (VoIP) to ensure secure communications. Both physical and soft client models are available that enable users to make or receive calls, access voicemail, check call history, and search the organization's directory.
- User and Device Authentication: A central authentication service connected to the network's active directory, LDAP, and Radius enables remote workers to securely connect to network services at scale. This solution should also support single sign-on services, certificate management and guest management.
- Advanced Perimeter Security: A next generation firewall solution needs to securely terminate VPN connections and provide advanced threat protection – including the analysis of malware and other suspicious content within a sandboxed environment before it reaches its destination and high-performance inspection of clear-text and encrypted traffic to eliminate malware and malicious traffic.
If you are going through any of these stages at the moment then please Contact Us and let us help.
Ready to Talk?
Hardware sales and technical experts can help you select the solutions that your business needs. Get in touch and we'll be happy to help:
By Contact Form
By Live Chat
If you're ready to buy now then visit our Store, register for an account, and buy immediately: