The QFX10008 line of modular Ethernet switches offers a highly scalable, high-density network foundation for supporting today’s most demanding data centre and cloud environments, including midsize to large data centers, private clouds, and public clouds.
Using custom silicon Juniper Q5 ASICs, the high-performance, versatile QFX10008 switches scale from 3 to 96 Tbps of throughput, delivering the capacity you need for long-term investment protection.
The QFX10000 Ethernet switches come in two models:
- QFX10008: 13 U chassis that supports up to 8 line cards.
- QFX10016: 21 U chassis that supports up to 16 line cards.
Both QFX10000 modular chassis can accommodate any combination of the following QFX10000 Ethernet line cards:
- QFX10000-30C-M: 30x100GbE/40GbE MACsec-enabled line card.
- QFX10000-30C: 30x100GbE/40GbE port line card.
- QFX10000-36Q: 36x40GbE or 12x100GbE port line card.
- QFX10000-60S-6Q: 60x1GbE/10GbE port line card with 6 port 40GbE/2 port 100GbE.
- QFX10000-12C-DWDM: 6x200Gbps per line card; 1.2 Tbps per line card.
Designed to serve as the foundation for a variety of data centre fabrics, the QFX10008 and QFX10016 offer maximum flexibility while lowering TCO, simplifying network deployments, and reducing management overhead—to ensure that you will never be locked into a proprietary solution. This architectural flexibility enables the QFX10000 switches to operate in diverse network environments, including Layer 3 spine-and-leaf Clos fabrics and L2/L3 networks with multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG) and Junos Fusion.