Our team of highly trained technicians can take the pain out of managing large roll outs, or provisioning equipment at various locations. We can work with you to create a bespoke package of services that ensure the success of your project.
It can be a daunting task when you are faced with a large roll-out of data communications equipment that needs to be installed in multiple locations to tight timescales. At Hardware.com we realise the amount of planning and resource it can take to ensure simple things like ensuring consistency of software versions can take. Adding configuration files to devices and ensuring that they are delivered to the correct location can prove to be time consuming and labour intensive.
We have invested heavily in our configuration department and have a team of highly trained and experienced technicians who can ensure that your exact requirements are met prior to despatch. From upgrading memory or flash, through to applying provided configuration files our engineers can ensure that the devices arrive at your locations ready to be installed.
Why pre-configure your equipment?
In large rollouts having equipment delivered to site with upgrades installed can reduce installation time and ensure that the project runs smooth. Having equipment preconfigured, brings the following benefits:
- Minimise the risk of DOA Equipment
- Reduce shipping costs
- Asset Tag equipment
- Apply configuration parameters.
How Hardware.com can help
Our technical team can work with your to define the work required and create a process that can be followed by our Config technicians. Being ISO accredited we ensure that all work is quality controlled and can provide you with a complete set of test documentation. We can then ensure that our logistics centre deliver the equipment to the correct location, within your timescales. The following is a list of some of the services we offer:
- Router Upgrades – when you purchase additional memory, or enhanced system software we can install the upgrades prior to shipping the equipment. Our technicians run through a strict set of system tests and all work is subject to quality control by our technical team.
- Equipment builds – we can install modules and interface cards for you prior to shipping to ensure compatibility with system software and to decrease delivery costs. We test the installed modules thoroughly and can match any build instructions that you may supply, for example defining certain slots for certain cards.
- Applying Configuration – If you can supply configuration files for the equipment our technicians can load them on for you prior to dispatch. This means that in the case of a multi-site rollout we can delivery directly to the various locations which ensures that the project runs smoothly.
- Testing – we can test all equipment prior to despatch which eliminates the possibility of DOA type failures. As with all configuration services, the work is quality control checked by our technical team and the results are provided to you.
- Asset Tagging – If you require Asset Tagging of equipment this can be performed as part of the configuration services and any supplied tags can be added to the equipment. All information regarding serial numbers and Asset tags are provided as part of the service.