NetApp products cover the range of business requirements from SME to Enterprise with a single platform of storage appliances. As well as a robust storage hardware, NetApp differentiate themselves from other storage vendors with a suite of software innovations built into their ONTAP operating system and as host based applications:
- RAID-DP – Is NetApp’s unique implementation of double parity RAID which allows dual disc failure in a hardware array without the usually associated performance penalty.
- WAFL – NetApp’s Write Anywhere File Layout enables the creation of instant data snapshots with no ‘write on first copy’ performance penalty associated with other vendor snapshots.
- De-duplication – NetApp offers de-duplication and compression of primary storage data as a standard part of the ONTAP suite.
- NAS – CIFS and NFS file servers are built into ONTAP.
- SAN – iSCSI, Fibre Channel and FC over Ethernet (FCoE) are all available across the whole range of NetApp appliances.
- Protection Software – NetApp Snap products will protect your data across appliances, across sites and allow instant restore of objects in business applications such as Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL, SAP and Oracle.